Gabriele D'Annunzio had the "Vittoriale degli Italiani" built between 1921 and 1938 by the architect Gian Carlo Maroni, who had the task to "enclose his memories in a stone custody".
The buildings are sourrounded by a stone wall with streets and squares.
just after the double entrance arc, facing the Garda Lake, there's the anfitheatre, home to the theatre season.
Two squares, Esedra square and Dalmata square lead to the Prioria, a large collection of art pieces, which reflect the artistic taste D'Annunzio had.
There's also a library with over 30.000 books.
The Schifamondo Wing of the building features an Auditorium with the collection of photos and the SVA10 airplane, which fled over Wien(1910) and a didactic course on D'Annunzio and his military experiences.
Fountains, statues and gardens make this place a destination for thousands people every ear.